Reporting Your Arrival (F and J Students)
Are you a J-1 Scholar (Professor or Researcher)?
Learn how to report your arrival here. Students should continue to follow the instructions below.
Before You Apply
You need to submit this form if you are:
- a new student with a Columbia I-20/DS-2019 who arrived in the U.S. in F-1/J-1 status
- a new student with a Columbia I-20 who transferred your SEVIS record from another American school
- returning from a leave of absence with a new I-20/DS-2019
- re-entering the U.S. with a new Columbia I-20/DS-2019 to regain status
Complete the following steps within your first week after arriving at Columbia for the first time with this Columbia I-20/DS-2019.
How to Report
Gather your documents and information
- Your passport
- Your I-20 or DS-2019 form
- Only if issued by Columbia, which means you are under our SEVIS sponsorship
- Your electronic I-94 arrival record that was created when you entered the US
- If bringing dependent(s), their F-2/J-2 SEVIS record(s) are automatically activated with yours. Check to see that their I-94 record to the U.S. is accurate. They should be admitted with the notation of "F-2 until D/S" or “J-2 until D/S". D/S refers to "duration of status".
Login to Compass with your UNI and password to report your arrival
Please click the link below that matches your Columbia campus.
ISSO Morningside Campus
Not sure of your campus? Check our campus school list.