Reporting Your Arrival (F and J Students)
Before You Apply
You need to submit this form if you are:
- a new student with a Columbia I-20/DS-2019 who arrived in the U.S. in F-1/J-1 status
- a new student with a Columbia I-20 who transferred your SEVIS record from another American school
- returning from a leave of absence with a new I-20/DS-2019
- re-entering the U.S. with a new Columbia I-20/DS-2019 to regain status
Complete the following steps within your first week after arriving at Columbia for the first time with this Columbia I-20/DS-2019.
How to Report
Gather your documents and information
Not an F-1/J-1 student? J-1 scholars (researchers/faculty) should go to this webpage for information.
- Your passport
- Your Form I-20 or Form DS-2019, if issued by Columbia.
- Your electronic I-94 Arrival Record that was created when you entered the U.S.
- Having a problem locating your I-94 Record through the I-94 website? Learn how to retrieve it.
- Are you coming with dependents? Their F-2/J-2 SEVIS record(s) are automatically activated with yours. Check to see that their I-94 Arrival Record is accurate. They should be admitted with the notation of "F-2 until D/S" or “J-2 until D/S". D/S refers to "duration of status".
Log in to Compass with your UNI and password to report your arrival
Please click the link below that matches your Columbia campus.
ISSO Morningside Campus
Not sure of your campus? Check our campus school list.