August 30, 2018

USCIS May Deny Applications and Petitions Without Issuing an RFE

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has issued an important USCIS policy memorandum, effective September 11, 2018. As of the 11th, USCIS can deny an application or petition immediately at its discretion without allowing the applicant or petitioner the opportunity to submit additional evidence when the initial documentation provided was not deemed sufficient for approval. Read more.

August 20, 2018

Important F/J Update: Unlawful Presence Policy

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) updated their policy, effective August 9, 2018, on how "unlawful presence" is accrued by international students and scholars in F and J visa classifications. A period of time in unlawful presence has serious consequences and can affect your eligibility to remain in or return to the United States.

3-Year and 10-Year Bars