Travel Documents Needed to Return to the U.S. in F or J Status

Make sure you know which documents you need to return from a trip abroad.

November 11, 2016

If you're traveling abroad during the fall or winter break, be sure you know what you need to have with you to return from a trip in F-1/F-2 or J-1/J-2 status. 

You  may need a new travel signature if the current one on your I-20/DS-2019 will be more than 12 months old on the date you return. Learn if you need a new signature and what you need to do to get one.  

If you need a new signature before traveling, you can get one at the ISSO any time during office hours. Additionally, for your convenience, we will be on campus for travel signatures on December 9th from !2 -4:00 pm at the Lerner Hall East Ramp Lounge. See calendar details.