What to Do Your First Week in the U.S.
We provide orientation sessions throughout the academic year to accommodate the varying times of arrival. They provide an opportunity for you to meet other new scholars as well as international scholar advisers. You may review our J-1 orientation webinar at any time. You will receive an invitation by email.
- Overview of Visa Documents
- Maintaining your “J” Status
- SEVIS Registration, Travel, Extensions, Transfers
- 2-year Home Residency Requirement - 212(e)
- Health Insurance Requirement
- Social Security Numbers and Incidental Payment
- J-2 Dependents
- ScholarNews communications and E-resources
- How to contact us